Friday, June 10, 2011

Word On The Street Is!

Me: What's up HiClas?

HiClas: Nothing much. You?

Me: I'm great. So after speaking with a friend, I learned that you are a new threat on the music scene. So you are from Chicago, IL?

HiClas: Yeah.

Me: HiClas who do you like & who would you want to work with in the Mid-West? 

HiClas: As far as what? music?

Me: Yes

HiClas:  A few cats out in the Chicago area I like. Well I really like Kids These Days, you got uh Rocky Fresh, my Homie Brandun Deshay. That's who I pretty much listen to underground. Well I don't really listen to people mainstream I like underground. They're the ones making a lot of noise in Chicago right now oh and Curren$y.

Me: If you could really collab with somebody who would you collab with right now?

HiClas: I want to work with Frank Ocean, he's very talented I really like his sound and Childish Gambino and also Kendrick Lamar.

Me: So I hear you're getting ready to go to New York right?

HiClas: Yeah, can't really get too much into it. But the first step is to meet up with my managers and shake hands with people in the music world. I'm definitely going to be doing a lot of travelling this summer.

Me: So you are travelling this summer. What city are you most excited to get to and why?

HiClas: Man, I don't even know but as far as cities I pretty much already been everywhere. I probably want to go overseas this summer. I have been to New York. But I want to get to Paris, France. That question is like really hard to pinpoint a city. 

Me: Okay so we know you want to go to Paris, France but if you can really make your mark in the U.S. what city is it going to be?

HiClas: Probably L.A. Because L.A. is like once you have a foundation you can pretty much get rank anywhere else in the U.S. 

Me: Okay so you know I'm all about the fashion.

HiClas: Yeah (chuckles)

Me: So I need to know who is it that you are rocking right now? What brand or designers are making the clothing you want to wear?

HiClas: My style is pretty much all over the place. I'm not big on designers. I wear it but I wear all unique styles. But I'm one of those artists that say outlandish shit so I'm a tell you right now I'm wearing Abercrombie and Fitch. I really like their jeans. I actually suggest that people wear them too. (then he gives me a shy laugh)

Me: I guess. lol! But what are your top 3 T-Shirt companies?

HiClas: Man. I rock Diamond Supply Co., Ummm, Polo, definitely rock Polo. Like I said my style is so diverse, I rock the We The Superlative Conspiracy aka WTSC 

Me: Ok I need to learn about them.

HiClas: Yeah I'm really into the skateboard industry. But a lot of rappers wear these guys too. Like Rick Ross, Chris Brown

Me: Ok there is a rapper out here that you like I mean really like from his style of clothing to his over all music delivery. Who is it for you?

HiClas: Oh, That's easy, Kanye West. His style is on a whole other plane right now. His swag is crazy. You know he has a Rosewood Swag with overpriced sneakers and underground Tees to wearing funky bands and then he'll switch it up to the suits and what not. I  also like Pharell Williams he wears what ever he wants. Its cool to have a stylist but you should always wear what you like.

Me: But you know you have a stylist to introduce you to those brands that have your style in common with you. Its great to have a stylist that can take you to or bring those back alley stores and underground brands to you, that you might not have otherwise known about. I like a guy from the N.O. Christian P. of B.E.Z Stylze. Also I like a young kid named Stan his Tee line is called IBAKI. When it comes to shoes who do you like? 

HiClas: I really just became a sneaker head Jordans, VANS, The Griffys just came out with these Red & Black sneakers, Supra, Adiddas. Some days I don't care I just wear my Nike Flip Flops.

Me: Ok when you pick your hats what are you wearing, who are you wearing?

HiClas: I wear 59/50 not too big on the snap backs, Leaders I like to cop some of their stuff out of there, anytime I see a Chicago Bulls hat I cop one, I like Trucker hats too.

Me: 
I dig your style I can pretty much picture your style. Hey I want to tell you that I appreciate you being my first interview on my new blog. I love that you wear what you want to. You have to have a sense of style too in order for a stylist to have something to run with. 

HiClas: Oh no problem I appreciate you interviewing me. I can't wait to read the blog.

This was an interview with up and coming rapper HiClas Brown. I like this young man he is talented, has a sense of style and has great ear for music other than his own music. He expressed to me that he was feeling groups with that Roots vibe, producers who do neo rap, sky, club and a few more sounds that are popular in the UK.

(Supras)

(VANS)

(IBAKI)

(LEADERS)

THIS AINT NO T-SHIRT
(B.E.Z. Stylze)

(Diamond Supply Co.)

(We The Superlative Conspiracy a.k.a WESC)

You can find HiClas Brown via these social websites
Facebook: 
or 
Twitter:
@itsHiCLAS

Check out his music via:

No comments:

Post a Comment