Sunday, June 12, 2011

Stay FWEA!! In Other Words, Stay FRESH!

       Ok let me set the scene for you guys. It's a Friday in North Miami, FL. Windy as what outside. Today I feel as though I need to be wearing a hat. So  I throw on my Pumas to match, cream and olive, to the knee sneaker boots. I have on an Olive Tee as well, my hair is twisted into two Goddess twists like french braids. My shorts are washed toned denim that cuff my thighs and I'm sporting a denim SMILEHOLIC, Chiri brand tote. I'm definitely feeling relaxed fly. As I pull into the parking lot of FWEAGO FITS Shop I'm greeted by this cute little kid coming out of the Salon just next door. The kid waits for me to get out of my car and says "Hi," with the biggest smile on his face. I of course say hello back with a just as cheerful look on mine. 


     I get to the door and I'm greeted by P Fwea of FWEAGO FITS & ENT.. My Homie is sporting his FWEAGO FITS red Tee, glasses, fresh shape up, and what seemed to me, a twist hybrid of the baggy jeans turned Island  Boy shorts with the custom rips at the bottom that come just above the ankle, major wide legs with some of the flyest casuals on. These casuals are taupe and brown leather with the three inch detail stitch in cream going around the top of the shoe, no socks involved. I must say I liked his style just as much as I liked my own.


       P says to me "Come on we're about to head out real quick." I just tag along for the journey, because I obviously don't know where we're going. So we begin to walk through the neighborhood of 6th Ave. and I am completely enjoying the trip. It has been a long time since I just walked in a neighborhood to go somewhere local and just vibe. P leads me to this Haitian restaurant named Moca Cafe. It's quiet, with a comfy feel. There are about two rows of table seating, a bar and the third row is accompanied with a wall bench that stretches the length of the dining room to the front window. We are greeted by a beautiful waitress. She has some of the most glowing brown skin tone I've seen in a while. She of course greets us in Kreyol "Bonswa! Komon ou ye?" P answers her back in Kreyol and then she seats us at wall bench table.


     P orders us these tasty Passion Fruit juice drinks and I must say it was the best Passion Fruit juice I've had ever. Any how it was cool just letting him do him. I got a strong feel for the character he has. He was very forward and assertive in ordering for me, a true Haitian gentleman, lol. He orders Ox Tail stew with a side of rice and beans. I'm telling y'all I never tasted it like this before. I was falling of the bone as soon as you touched it. It was hard for me to be a lady without wanting to pick up a bone and treat it like a barbecue, lol! We talked a bit over our meal and he was giving me the background on FWEAGO FITS & ENT.. It was cool getting the history on the team and company.


    Soon after we finish eating P pays the bill and we walk back to the shop. I know he likes music or else he wouldn't be a part of company name FWEAGO FITS & ENT. as well as Promoter of The FWEAGO Squad. I ask him if he'd like to hear some music that he's never heard before. Plus I had promised him that the next time I came through I would bring new music with me and here I am. So P answers me yes and throws one of his eyebrows up as I hand him a CD. Sorta unsure of what I was handing him he seems to be on the edge of his seat waiting to hear something that better be fly, lol. About fifteen seconds into the first song he says who is this guy? I answer him CHip Tha Ripper. He's bobbing his head in jam to the song and skips to the next song. Then he says "This is hot! I like this. I really like this. Where is he from?" I told him "Cleveland, OH," with a smile on my face. Because of course you should know my nick name in Miami is CLEVELAND. So after listening to some Chip Tha Ripper we get into the interview and you can hear for yourself right here:



Fwea means Fresh in Kreyol!

No comments:

Post a Comment